Re: NTLK RemoteTown: how it works

From: Ching Yi Tsai (mp2100@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 04:05:54 EST

> From: thomas snyder <thomas@arlut.utexas.edu>
> Subject: Re: NTLK RemoteTown: how it works
>
> Actualy there is a small amount of skill to the game so knowing the rules
> still does not guarantee that you will do well. Also if you do not like
> the game then you are just the person that I want to talk to. I am still
> developing the second version of Remote Town and any sujestions you have
> to make the game more fun I would like to here.

I know I am asking a lot, but these are a few wishes I want for Christmas!

* Animation: I am not sure how difficult it is to implement animation on the
Newton. But a little animation will definitely help visual feedback of the
game status.
* Better MP2x00 support: I would love to be able to play the game both in
portrait and landscape mode with full screen.
* Some random events: fire, earthquake, monsters, riots, y2k etc. will make
the game less predictable.
* More statistics: A smilar graph for monthly income, population density
(population divide by # of houses), a few more index will help the players
to understand the current status of the game.
* A scoreboard will be nice: I don't know if there is easy way to integrate
HTML/EMAIL to the game itself. If we can receive weekly top scores from
email, and import it to the game, it will be nice.
* For new players: The first time the player tap on any thing (button, land,
menu etc.) The program gives a dialog similar to the balloon help on the
Mac. For example I still don't know what "Estate" is use for. If the first
time I tap on it and a dialog appear and gives a short description of what
it is and a few tips of how to use it, it will be great for the new players.
* A minor suggestion: Can the date be display in a more relevant way? ie.
somewhere around 1990 to 2010 will be more real than 15 year 2 month.. Also
a dollar sign in front of the budget value will be good.
* I would love to have a UNDO too!

I suppose there are enough things to implement for your next update eh
Thomas? :)

Have a wonderful new year, and thanks again for the efforts that you've put
into the game to make it better.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com