Re: NTLK Backups crashing when it gets to the card.

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.net)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 10:11:24 CDT

No good. I tried it at home via Ethernet, and then via serial cable.

Always the same thing. It backs up the internal memory without a problem.
Then it starts to backup the card. It spends some time on the card and gets
through all misc. stuff. Then it spends some time on Packages, and craps
out while doing the packages.

I allocated more RAM to NCU, but it didn't help.

Could I have a corrupt package or something that is preventing the backup?

The main purpose of this adventure (aside from wanting a backup) is I just
got my 16 Meg card back (It was being repaired, or replaced) so I want to
switch from the 8 meg card back to the 16.

I suppose I could try to move all the packages from one card to the other,
but I find that a little scary. Don't want to miss anything.

Any other thoughts?

Loren