Re: NTLK Backups crashing when it gets to the card.

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 11:55:32 CDT

Loren Finkelstein wrote:
> I suppose I could try to move all the packages from one card to the other,
> but I find that a little scary. Don't want to miss anything.
And you would very probably copy the errorneous package too. I had once
a corrupted Works package which finally stopped the backup as you've
described. Why don't you erase all packages and backup then? It will
force you to search for all original installer discs ;-) I'm just right
now preparing a Newton CD with all important installers and PC-files in
order to e.g. rescue a brain wiped Newton.
However, I can not understand how a package can be damaged in the
Newton. Is it possible that a crashing program writes over program code
and hasn't the Newton write protected memory zones? Or is it really some
high energetic cosmic particle which kills just one bit in the flash
RAM?

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand