Re: NTLK "Page" patch in Notes (same as OneNote feature)

From: John Mark Davis (backlot@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 05:07:27 CDT

> Try SAS's SuperNotepad. It allows you to have horizontal or vertical
> scrollers (like Works) at the bottom or right side of a note and limit that
> Note to a full page.

Thanks, Kenny. I do have SAS's SuperNotepad. In fact, that's why I want
this "one note" patch for the Notepad so I can still use some of
SuperNotepad's features.

I have used the vertical scroller. But you have to create a new note after
your current note in order to make the scroller active. And then your
current note, if not very long, shrinks down. Then you have to drag and
resize the bottom of the note to fill the screen, and then it doesn't quite
fill the screen. And then I've had some problems with the vertical scroller
becoming wanky on really long notes. Perhaps that's something more of a
Note size limit which might be fixed by BiggerNotes.

Anyway, the vertical scroller is a lot of fumbling around just to get the
note full on the page. And even then, sometimes later I go back and the
note has shrunk again.

Take a look at OneNote. The guy got it right. The way only one note takes
up one page at a time.

(thanks for your suggestion about RollOver. I will try that one.)

One nice feature when using the vertical scroller of SuperNotepad is that
the Filing and Action menus remain at the top of the screen. When using
notes without the vertical scrollbar or in an application like OneNote, when
you scroll down your note, you lose your icons at the top of the note. Has
anyone written a patch to place the File and Action menus (the folder and
envelope icons) on the floating toolbar at the bottom of the application?
So, like, it's always there? This would be a very handy feature.

Another thing relating to SuperNotepad. I love the navigation tools. I
wish only patches like SuperNotepad would work not only in Notes but in
CALLS and LOGS, too! To do a half-page scroll down in a call would be very
handy.

--
John Mark Davis
backlot@swbell.net