Re: [NTLK] Any update on that device?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 17:44:08 EDT

on 23-10-2001 10:14, Stainless Steel Rat at ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net wrote:

> Because Apple's market for the iPod would be ten to twenty times larger
> that way. Because people who are not already Macintosh owners are not
> going to buy into iPod. iPod will fail due to poor sales because millions
> (or at least hundreds of thousands) of potential buyers will not buy one
> because they do not already own an expensive Mac, because for them a $400
> iPod will cost them an additional $800 minimum for an iMac.

There's a bit of faulty logic there in my view, goes with Ed's remark that
the Newton was so great because it permitted use of both Windows and Mac
users.
Seems that SJ wants the Mac as a special experience, so whatever he markets
at the moment will be Mac centric and I think he's right, though he probably
won't be a selling as many iPods as he could in another fashion, he'll have
a lot more happy Apple users, isn't that the most important to them ?

BTW, never heard Windows user on this list complain about the lack of Mac
compatibility of some PDA's etc.

Robert Benschop

P.S.
and no, no Apple PDA, won't be coming either, but that's just my humble
opinion ;-)