Re: [NTLK] play "MP3" files how to do it

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 00:19:35 EDT

Or,
do like I did.
I got one of those Rio PMP300's for like $39 (32mb
internal memory) and an additional 32mb card ($25) and
play my mp3s on a device designed to run MP3s. It
takes 1 "AA" battery and runs for over 10 continuous
hours. At 128kbps, I get about 20 songs. The only
downside is that it takes about 5 minutes to fill up
both cards since it's not USB...but hey, for a total
of $65 you won't see me complaining!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- John Johnson <kamikazebear_at_excite.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:48:47 -0700,
> newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>

> > At 03:05 AM 8/23/01, Mark Rollins
> <mark_at_mrollins.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I just found the best way to work with MP3
> files; part of this was
> > >written up before.

<snip>

> > It still doesn't solve the problem of not being
> able to
> > FF/RW/Pause/Stop. :-( I don't know of any
> software that will
> > allow this kind of control for a system sound.
>
> but what would be really cool is, I suppose you
> could have a directory of
> soundfiles on your card, and you could run them
> (like the CD player on the
> Mac but without the CDs, of course!) in the
> background perhaps, memory
> allowing, while you are amending your sketches or
> editing your notes, &c.

<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...