Re: [NTLK] $150 Newtons

From: Michael Bain (UIDnt0102_at_macboy.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 03:19:21 EST

* Ian Foster <ianfoster_at_mac.com> [ 4 Feb 2002 21:42]:

> Just got one - up here in BC, Canada - excellent shape, backlight is way
> brighter than my other 2100 - seems faster too - lol!

and has that "New Newt Scent". well, orange cleaner anyways...

> Has a sticker on the back that says Inventory A19629.
> I think these are Apple sell-offs from the repair inventory that they
> have......

I dunno, from the no-name flash cards, the funky Interconnect <--> PC
Serial cable, and well worn stylii, my theory is that some company
bought a *big* shipment for internal use (survey, inventory, data entry,
whatever), and Apple put together a custom cable and SKU for them. Now
that they've been written off, the company has "upgraded" to the "latest
and greatest", and wanted to profitably dispose of the "old technology".
<SHRUG> their loss. My Dad and I will enjoy our new Newts :-)

> The only blemish is one of the catches that holds back the lid is gone
> - not a big deal.

Sorry Ian! Someone had to get it, and I just grabbed them at random when
divvying up the 10-pack.

> $150 USD, it came in at $294 CAD with all the taxes and ship costs - a good
> deal, IMHO.

and IMHO too!

> Thanks Mike!

 You're welcome. Thanks Cees! (and Jerry)

Mike

--
Michael Bain           | One day I want to look through three hundred
mike_at_macboy.homeip.net | thousand kilometres of space and say: