Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #417

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 00:30:09 EDT

on 06/06/02 23:28, Grant [Somewhat Portable] Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com
wrote:

> In a previous message, victor_at_newtontalk.net typed vigorously:
>
>> I think the NTR is smaller than the NT... anyways.
>
> The NTR and the NT were exactly the same casing and dimensions:

Grant,

Are you sure that Victor was not mistakenly talking about the II NT?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

flat adj.: 1. [common] Lacking any complex internal structure. "That bitty box has only a flat filesystem, not a hierarchical one." The verb form is flatten. 2. Said of a memory architecture (like that of the VAX or 680x0) that is one big linear address space (typically with each possible value of a processor register corresponding to a unique core address), as opposed to a `segmented' architecture (like that of the 80x86) in which addresses are composed from a base-register/offset pair (segmented designs are generally considered cretinous).