Re: [NTLK] Contrast problems update

From: speedy2 (speedy2_at_dag.net)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 00:50:57 EST

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Steven Frank wrote:

> I took the back off my 2100, disconnected the display ribbon cable from
> where it connects to the motherboard, swabbed it with some alcohol, and
> then reassembled everything. Still have weird jumpy contrast when

> Does the ribbon cable have a similar, cleanable connection on the other
> end, or does it go directly into the LCD assembly?

Well, which ribbon cable did you clean? There is a ribbon cable for the
LCD itself, which should be 15+ conductors and there should be one for the
touchscreen, usually 4 to 6 conductors.

The touchscreen is what takes your inputs, so the cable that connects the
touchscreen to the board is what you want to "fix".

Thanks,
Speedy2.