Re: [NTLK] Back to Newton, Ditched Palm/Pocket PC

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 13:31:49 EST

On 3/24/2002 at 10:13 AM Dave said:

>I ditched my Handspring, and my WinCE Palmtop and broke out my old UMP2K!

I did the same thing a month or 2 ago!

>1. Anyone been able to use their Motorola StarTac ST7868W cell phone as
>modem via the serial port?

What cable are you using to connect to the StarTac? This is something I'd
like to be able to do as well.

NuShield, though I haven't used them - http://www.nushield.com

>3. Sources/Hints for memory cards?

>4. Anyone want to trade some Handspring equipment for another Newt that I
>could keep as a spare? =3D)

You can solve all this at once by buying a 2100 from Mr.2ndhand on ebay.
135 bux, you get your spare, you get the additional heap of the 2100, and
they come with a 4 meg card. I have my original 2000 in reserve as my
spare.

Brad