Re: [NTLK] newton hacking

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 18:57:57 EST

> the most important part of this is what does the connector at j13 do?

not sure if you are talking about a MP2x00, but if you are, there is no
connector J13. The connectors are

loudspeaker connector J4
microphone connector J5
power switch connector J7
backlight connector J12

the most important part of this is what does the connector at j13 do?
i sort of tore the wires out of the male part and what kind of
connector is it? i took it to about 5 different computer and
electronics shops and they had no idea what kind of connector it was,
let alone have a replacement.

> since i did this the backlight has stopped working

Which makes it likely that you are talking about J12. This is the only 3 pin
connector of the four, the other ones have two pins. However, J12
has only two wires like the other three.

>my painting experience isnt very much, but can anyone recommend a good
>brand of silver paint that will make it look sort of like the TiBook.

Whatever you do, make sure to remove the rubber coating first. Which
I'd think isn't that easy.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de