[NTLK] UPDATE Contest over , some ?'s

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 20:32:54 PST

The Contest at This Old Newt is over.

We have a winner of a 2100 package from J&K Sales, Josh Davis. Congrats Josh!

Personal Observations of a Host:

I will say this last round was a bit of a flop. There were fewer than 75 persons who even
tried the last round. I Thought that with the 1000+ just on this list that there would be at
least 4-500 players. There were never that many players in any of the rounds. (180 max)
Why? I dont know. We gave away several licences to titles like NSBasic, InkSpot,
Address Access and all of Catamounts Titles, Batterys for 2100, leather CAses, UNNA
CD's, T-Shirts, NewtsCape, and even Newtons.

Were the questions to hard?

Were the prizes that lousy?

Did the contest run too long?

Do people just not care?

Did anyone know about it?

Have all the new list members ever seen the site? Are the old Newt sites just no longer
exciting enough?

Just a few thoughts to see if its worth the effort to try and run again next year.

Keep the Green™

Rich
This Old Newt
www.thisoldnewt.net
Updated and Fresh Newton Information & Entertainment 1997-2003

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html