Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS

From: Rich Oliver (rich_at_mtgapmac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 14:02:09 PDT

This is true as far as the US is concerned (and many other nations, but not
all). But not all of the people on the list are from the US, and they may be
speaking to their country's copyright law.

I can't tell you the number of people that I hear say something similar to
"if it doesn't have a copyright notice, (i.e. 'copyright ©2003'), it's not
copyrighted/protected/whatever." This is just plain wrong. The notes I wrote
while in college are automatically copyrighted. The journal some people keep
is. Even your grocery list is copyrighted *automatically.* And there is
nothing about needing to take steps to "protect" your copyright.

Hit that link below, it gives a lot of good info.

Rich

--
Mt Gap Macintosh & PC
256.880.9222