Re: [NTLK] a question about batteries

From: Scott Lewis (lists_at_garbitch.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 07:21:03 PDT

On Sep 29, 2004, at 2:19 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> 15 minutes ? What kind of batteries are these? Or are you saying you
> have some special charger for NiMH batteries that can charge them in 15
> minutes? Either way enquiring minds want to know...

Again, I wish I knew what type of batteries they are! I can only
presume they are NOT NiMH, since they Rayovac does not advertise them
as NiMH. Rayovac's previous charger was a 1 hour charger, and was
specifically designed to charge NiMH and NiCAD. This charger charges
their "I-C3" batteries in 15 minutes, and all other NiMH and NiCADs
overnight.

In my opinion, these batteries last as good as any 2000-2200 Mah
batteries you would find in a local retail store (ie Radio Shack
brand).

This is the real deal though - 15 minutes. They get a little hot, and
Rayovac actually built a little fan into the charger to keep the
temperature down.

I just went to their web site, and in fact they are a derivative of
NiMH. Apparently I-C3 stands for "In-Cell Charge Control", you can read
about it here: http://rayovac.com/products/recharge/15minutes/qa.shtml

According to the site, they are in fact NiMH, and can be charged in any
NiMH charger - but not in 15 minutes (obviously).