[NTLK] 2100 and non-functional PCMCIA slot

From: Douglas Johnston <douglas.johnston_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 15:05:06 EDT

Thanks for your suggestions, folks, regarding my poor 2100's
inability to take a card in the top slot.

I shined a flashlight in both slots, and they both looked the same,
with no bent pins. I finally opened the back, checked to be sure that
all the connectors were firm, and then --facing the fear of which
screws should actually be removed to take off the motherboard, and
the consequences of a botched Newton job-- chickened out and then put
the cover back on.

However, I decided to slide a memory card into the top slot
thereafter, and to my great surprise, it worked!

And it just goes to show you, prayer is often more effective than
technical ability....

(Of a related note, our office will soon be congregating to worship
for our flaky server connection.)

all my best,
dj

--