[NTLK] Help me get my eMate running!

From: Jeremy Buckley <jeremy.buckley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 13:16:18 EST

Hello.

I just bought a used eMate 300 on eBay and have been trying to fire it
up for the first time. The problem is, I can't get past the calibration
screen. I am able to tap the X's, but the eMate just keeps cycling
through calibration and never finishes.

I've tried both soft and hard resets, I can't complete the hard reset
because when the confirmation prompt is displayed, my tap "OK" is not
registered.

Does this sound like it could be the infamous display cable problem? Or
is there something simple that I'm missing?

Thanks!