Re: [NTLK] What programs do you have in your button bar?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 17:00:34 EST

On 11/15/01 4:50 PM, "Ed Kummel" <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I find that with Dashboard's Launcher, I don't need
> any of the other buttons on the button bar...just the
> overview and the scroller buttons...that's it! I have
> created a launcher shortcut for all my applications
> and that's it! launch notes, write "no" in the
> launcher. Launch Powerscroll, write "ps" in the
> launcher...very simple, very easy!

Hmmm, not that I want to be picky, but that doesn't seem like a good
solution, specifically if you want to "show-off" your Newton!

Having to write some abbreviation to launch an application reminds me of the
old DOS days, where you had to type some obscured commands to have things
done!!!

-Laurent.

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a
particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else;
esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from
what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the
entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix
A).