Re: [NTLK] Mac OS 9.1 & Newton Press

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 05:57:12 EST

on 11/16/01 11:25 AM, John Whitehead at john_at_modestine.com wrote:

> Maybe it's one of those intriguing extension conflicts that you can waste
> your entire life tracking down?

I just ran into one of those this week, when I upgraded to 9.2.1. It took me
two days to track it down. I found it only after doing a clean install of
9.0.4, then upgrading immediately to 9.1 and then to 9.2, and then moving
over my old stuff one folder at a time. It was when I moved over my
Scripting additions that I found my problem. It was the TEC.osax scripting
addition. It wasn't even in my control panels or Extensions folder! It may
be something stupid like this, or maybe even a preference file in your
preferences folder. Try removing some of these weird folders (including your
fonts folder) and seeing what happens. . .

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland