[NTLK] eMate to Windows connection advice

From: Diana Oakley (dianajoakley_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 22:12:14 EDT

I need to connect an eMate to a computer that has
Windows 98 installed. I have the connection cable to
do the job - one end attaches to the eMate (round
serial cable looking piece), the other is 9-pin female
piece (sorry - I know what I'm talking about, I just
don't know the proper names).

 I know I need an NCU for Windows and I know I need to
look for it probably on UNNA. I do have the CD that
came with the eMate, but am not sure if all the right
stuff will be on there.

Questions:

1. The computer is 180 miles away and I won't be
seeing it for two weeks, but when I do, where should I
expect to be able to attach the cable on the back of
the computer? Should there be some kind of port
available there? [I'm a Mac person and unfamiliar
with the hardware and ports on the back of the other
computers.]

2. Once everything is properly installed and
attached, what kind of options will NCU give for
tranlating NewtonWorks? Word? Works?

Any other advice would be most welcome.

TIA,

Diana Oakley