Re: [NTLK] Off-Topic Linux (PDA) Question

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 17:24:13 EST

At 09:19 PM 10/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>In order to take advantage of that, however, you would have to compile your
>Java code, going against one of the clamored advantage of Java of being able
>to be portable. Going that road, you could say that C and even Pascal are
>portable... But I think that in some cases, that would be a good alternative
>to sluggishness of interpreted code...

You compile java code *anyway*. What's your point??? So the opcode set is
currently executed by a software machine. What's to say next year Motorola
and Sun don't come out with a CPU that executes those options in a silicon
CPU chipset as opposed to in RAM??

Hell, even Apple used to use Cray' to software emulate the latest 68k chip
designs to see how the MacOS would run on them... ;)

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net