Re: [NTLK] trouble connecting to mac with MP120

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 23:17:55 EST

Hi Chris
Thats because the only way NCU was supposed to connect to a NOS1.x device
was to back it for data transfer to a 2.0 device (except that Apple didn't
get NCU out for ages....so came out with NBU...so we lost all our desktop
connectivity - but thats another story :-)

You need NCK (Newton Connection Kit) - try it once, you'll see why desktop
connectivity went backwards as fast as handheld computing went forwards (If
it worked with NOS 2.x I'd probably still be using it today -Hmmmmm any
developers interested? This MIGHT be easier than many other ports being
discussed - and it allows 'cutting and pasting' between desktop
applications......maybe some sort of macro-based system?)

Anyhow.... should be on UNNA. 5 disks on a Win system, AFAIR - don't worry
if the install errors out on the last couple of disks on a Win 9x install:
the app still runs fine.

HTH
-D