[NTLK] Installing Packages and Saving Info to a Card

From: brian middleton (brian_at_shelflife.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 10:56:15 PST

I just started with my Newton obsession and now have three (120, 130 &
upgraded 2000). I was using the 130 for day to day use, but now that I have
the 2000 I would like to use that too.

I was wondering if there is any disadvantage to installing and saving all
your info and packages to a flash card? I was thinking of getting a CF PC
card so I could have a lot of room and just juggling that card between
Newts. I know that I will need to use Paul's ATA Support for the card. And I
would install 2.1 packages directly to the 2000 so only cross-compatible
packages would be on the card.

I just thought of one disadvantage, I couldn't use a PC Card modem in my
130, if that is the one I was using that day, and have my info available
without some copying. But other than that?

Is this a common practice among Newton users?

-brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html