Re: [NTLK] 3COM NIC Question

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 23:53:24 PST

on 2/22/03 6:13 PM, David Holmes at dh_ntlk_at_delphys.net wrote:

> In this particular case the error (-61001) is a Lantern Data Link
> Layer Error meaning "driver not found" (eLANTERN_DriverNotFound).
> I've been working on drivers for two other cards (an IBM and a
> Linksys) and it *seems* that you get this error when there is a
> partial mismatch of some sort. I.e. normally, if you have no driver
> or a complete non-match you see this message:

Interesting. I have a 3Com card that I just got--the 589D. Sometimes I get
this error. In fact, just yesterday, I did a reset on my Newton, and this
error popped up on restart. Later, however, I used the card to print to my
LW II g and it had no problems. Sometimes I get this error, and sometimes
not, but it always has worked when I asked it to. I decided it's something
not worth worrying about.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland