[NTLK] LocalTalk Bridge problems

From: ADyson (ADyson_at_go.to)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 08:11:33 PDT

Can anyone explain why I can't see my Laserwriter or NCU connection on the Ethernet side when I use Applet's free Localtalk Bridge software.
http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/Networking-Communications/Other_N-C/LocalTalk_Bridge_2.1.smi.bin
 Both my eMate and 2100 exhibit the same problem. I can see the NCU connection if I change my AppleTalk setting (on the Mac running LocalTalk bridge) to printer port but then the bridge disables itself. It's as if the Ethernet network is hidden since the saved connection names (saved after connecting while Macs are on appletalk network) work fine.
Network setup

       | | |
     850AV (OS8.1) 2100 eMate
    | (localtalk bridge)