[NTLK] OT: Analog to Digital Audio software

From: gooddog_at_interlync.com
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 19:17:16 PST

Thank you all for your eye-opening suggestions, they've been much
appreciated. One of the projects I want to work on, which I bought
GarageBand (GB) to facilitate, is to digitize a lot of Audio Tapes. I
thought GB would be great for this. Now I get the feeling this may not
be the best vehicle. I'd be using my Pro Walkman to play the tapes
into our new iMac and record onto Some Audio Software.

Now the array of choices has ballooned: Audion, Amadeus, SoundStudio,
AudioCorder, GB, and others I don't know about.

Meanwhile, back at the Newtontalk.net List...

Of course, in the midst of all this, I'd keep track of everything,
stray thoughts, shopping lists, and other important things on my trusty
Newton 2000 upgraded to a 2100...

Would any of you care to comment, either on-list of off, about your
experiences and suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html