Re: [NTLK] Swapping ROMs?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 02:09:24 PDT

I can assure you that
1) i swapped a dead (toasted)ROM into a functioning MP and back without
damage to the MP
2) swapping ROMs will 99% cause a full reset of your Newt -> ALL DATA will
be DELETED

When feeding the Newt from the power adapter (which one?) you have the
battery out?
Have you removed all possibly inserted PCMCIA cards?
You can try to initiate the hard reset by holding the power switch in on
position while pressing the rest button. If there is some life in you Newt
you should see the slip asking whether you want to erase everything -> there
you can still try <NO>

Cheers
Johannes