Re: [NTLK] Re(2): Frozen Newton Project Rebirth

From: Matthew Reidsma (mreidsma_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 04:18:14 PDT

John Hay wrote:
> Friday, September 23, 2005 at 5:17:39 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
> I guess it's just me but I never understood the utility value of
> encasing things, like iPods, Newtons, etc.

John,

Frozen Newton is a recurring bi-monthly pipe dream of replacing the
existing Newton case plastics with clear ones rather than putting a case
over the green plastic. People want to do this for various reasons:

1) It looks cool.

2) It looks cool.

3) It looks cool.

4) It is very, very expensive and they don't know what to do with all of
the cash they have laying around, getting in their way when they walk
around their house.

Check the list archives for more details.

DJ - is Sonny even on the list? I seem to remember him talking about
selling off his Newtons a while back...

-Matthew Reidsma
Boston, MA U.S.A.