Re: [NTLK] eMate Battery Project

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 08:06:54 PST

..... last question:

Now that I'm learning more about the eMate batteries, I'm wondering what
is the "purpose" of the black plastic sleeve with the two metal
retaining clips is for into which the green shrink-wrapped original
batteries are housed?

The electrical connections between each battery and all the other leads
seem more than secure enough considering it's all shrink-wrapped to
stabilize the batteries mechanically. So I'm not really sure why the
"extra" black plastic sleeve is used.

I wonder if the early eMates were catching on fire or something, and the
black sleeve was intended to contain the temperatures of the batteries
more accurately ?

John