Re: [NTLK] eMate Battery Project

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 16:57:47 PST

> To see photos and for a step by step account of my project I have
> documented the procedure here:
> http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/eMateBatts.jpg

> My eMate seems to be very happy now that it no longer needs to be
> leashed to an external power supply ;-)

Let's hope that nobody ever does short the battery out accidently.
If this happens, you will soon learn why Apple supplies all eMate
and 2x00 packs with the PolySwitch component...

Not being able to add this component reliably to a pack like the
one you describe is, by the way, the only reason why I do not offer
this kind of replacement packs for the eMate.

Frank