Re: [NTLK] Is there a Newton mailing list?

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 09:08:02 EST

On 2/3/07, Eddie Roosenmaallen <silvermoon82@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some time ago, I got tired of the bickering and unsubscribed from NTLK.

Just about every list I have ever subscribed to had some pretty good flame
wars at one time or another. Human beings are warlike creatures. That
said, the easiest way to avoid most of the firefights is to simply set a
filter to junk anything that says "OT" in the subject line. Alternatively,
just don't read 'em.

One particular thread referenced (US politics) actually was Newton related
in the beginning. A US Marine mentioned going to a hot place with Newton in
hand. We all got to learn a bit about desert sand, marginal power supplies,
and how to enable a Newton (and its user) to survive a combat environment in
desert regions. I dunno, that's useful information, isn't it? There are
other Civil Affairs types, journalists, etc. who do regularly go in harm's
way with their Newtons, aren't there? Not everyone is a software
developer. Some of us are merely users who carry the Newton around in a
back pack.

I often find the OT opinions of Newtonians to be most interesting. We run
the gamut politically... yes, I voted for both Bushes, both times each...
the only common ground being our shared interest in things Newton related.
Contrary to what might be inferred from your post, Herr Roosenmaallen, most
things here are, in fact, Newton related. Actually, this list is one of the
more "pure topic of discussion polarized" lists out there.

OT discussions add a little spice. If you don't like pepper, minced onions,
or salt, just avoid 'em. It isn't all that difficult.

Dale