Re: [NTLK] Still no lovin' from my phone

From: Roman Pixell [GMail] <roman.pixell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 03:43:02 EST

On 23 jan 2007, at 22.52, Steven Frank wrote:

>> When I had each login script set to "Display script activity", the
>> Newt would restart soon after trying to display whatever was going on
>> during a connection.
>
> Huh, that's weird. That may be necessary to diagnose the problem. I
> know this sucks, but have you tried removing/freezing various
> packages to see if you can get the script logging to not restart the
> Newton?

i agree, it should not happen. try a complete backup and a clean
install in order to isolate and diagnose the problem. this one of the
real downsides with the newton in 2007 - the internet stack is not
really up to date. if you want a "pleasant" ride on the waves of the
internet, use landline, apples 2400 baud brick modem, nethopper and
enroute. and make sure to get a fresh email acc. so you dont have to
drown in spam.

vänliga hälsningar / warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer