Re: [NTLK] Help - InOut not responding

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2008 - 02:28:16 EDT

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie@mac.com> wrote:
> However, a question: I am now a little scared of using cards to hold
> date / name information, and also scared that the Internal store will
> fill up if I use it exclusively. I was unable to find a way to move the
> information between cards and the internal store. Can someone give me
> a pointer?

Ian-

I'm so sorry. I fear that I, and maybe others, assumed maybe, too much
knowledge on your part. We might have been able to preserve you from
erasing the entire card!

If you will tap on Extras, then, in the diamond list at top, choose
"Storage." This will show you all the storage "soups" on your Newton.
One of those is named, "IN/Out Items." You probably already found
that. But what you do is tap on that. That will pop up an info window.
There is a "Delete" button, which you can use to delete the soup (or,
I think, in the case of the In/Out, merely delete all the entries).
There is also a "File" icon. Tapping on that will enable you to move
all the entries in the soup to either internal or External. This is a
mass movement, as you can well guess. If you wish to move individual
items, you will have to do that from the In/Out boxes. So, you could
have deleted just this soup, and maybe saved the rest of the card.
Sorry for being late on the explanation!

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland