Re: [NTLK] Newton MessagePad 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 22:20:31 EDT

on 17/09/01 18:16, Jim Block at jimblock_at_optonline.net wrote:

> While the cubeport may be very good, doesn't it eliminate the internal
> modem? (Not that I use my modem very much these days, but I do send an
> occasional fax...)
>
> As far as cost -- I recently bought a brand new Newton compatible ethernet
> PC card for $15 on e-bay -- they were selling dozens of them and the prices
> ranged from $10 to $20.
>
> On 9/17/01 6:01 PM, "Andrei Labin" <labin_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
>> if you don't want to surf through ethernet, it's
>> cheaper, and a bit more waiting time is a thing i gladly put up with.
>> greets

Exactly! For the price of an Ethernet card, it seems that it would be even
cheaper to go this way. If the original poster has only his desktop
computer, he wouldn't need anything except an Ethernet crossover cable,
beside the Ethernet card for the 2100. Not even considering the additional
speed for the connection... Seems like a no brainer to me!

-Laurent.