Re: [NTLK] Mac or PC - Try it!

From: Josef Chessor (josefcub_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 06:35:52 PDT

I have to agree with Andy here. I personally have three machines set
up on my desk. A Mac (72/85/9600), a PC running Windows, and a PC
running Linux. (This doesn't count my machines running VMS, NetBSD,
MS-DOS, Apple ProDOS, and of course, Newton OS;)

Each one has its strengths. Each one has its critical weaknesses.
And each one has its place in my daily use of my machines. For what
it's worth, all three of them are set up to work with my Newton,
either directly or indirectly.

Use what you know, experiment if you wish with things you don't
understand, and let others have the same courtesy. The only way
you'll know is to try, and with older hardware at the prices it is,
it's really cheap to try out the alternatives out there without
compromising your business or critical systems.

But if what you have works, by all means stick with it and don't let
others try to convince you that you need changing. That's part of why
we all use the Newton, right?

My $0.02,
Josef

--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."