Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

From: Doug Denby <ddenby_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 16:14:54 EDT

Eckhart and others,

I am ecstatic that you seem to have solved the very troublesome date
range on the 2100.

The use I make of my machine is a little different than most and thus
before installing the patch, I would like to be sure that tests have
been done that cover my usage. I consider my data too valuable (to me,
but not likely to many others -- after all this is as personal a
computer as one can get) to lose or damage.

Edgar Rice Burroughs is an American author that I collect. His first
published works start about 1911, but there are some pieces from
before this as well. I have built up a data base in the Notes
application using the SuperNotes extension, and in particular the
extension that allows one to change the creation date of the note. By
doing so, I have created a note for each of his published works, each
dated at the time of publication. Thus my notes are dated from 1905
and on up to current times. A couple of thousand notes is stored this
way.

Also, I use the Names application to store Genealogical data with
links between the records using HyperNames from the Action package
with viewing using SuperNames. I am assuming that there is no problem
using these tools.

Both of the Super packages (SuperNotes and SuperNames) allow the use
of tags and the creation of filters based on the tags. The filters are
used like folders, except that one can define the set of tags being
searched for, and then displayed as lists, or individually. The
displaying of these lists is also dependent on dates. Have these been
tested?

The testing on your patch that I have heard about is mainly to do with
the future and present. Can anyone verify that dates as far back as
those that I use, are unaffected by the patch?

I need
- to be able to create new notes with these strange dates as more
information becomes available.
- to use the standard list view to get the overview of these notes and
navigate through them
- to use the search function to produce overviews of a few of these
notes at a time (no date searches required)
- to modify the content of these notes at will, regardless of the date.
- to change the creation date of these notes at will (using the
SuperNotes extension)
- and of course to be able to all of these above functions after 2010,
as well as now
- to access filtered lists while in SuperNotes of all the possible
dates from 1905 to whenever

My computer is an updated 2000 to 2100, using NOS 2.1

Doug Denby