Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] macworld 04 pix

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 14:46:17 PST

>On 1/8/04 @ 11:57 PM, Nathan Turnage wrote:
>
>Was that not the lamest Macworld keynote ever?! It was worse than last
>year. Only significant item they released was Xgrid. I mean, Steve Jobs
>made this big deal about the iPod that would take on the "flash"
>players, proclaiming victory over the low end. And then priced it only
>$50 cheaper than the 15Gb model. What was it he said about "the best $50
>you'll ever spend"? No, the best $50 you'll spend will be to go with the
>15Gb instead of the 4Gb! This guy has become a victim of his own reality
>distortion bubble. Are they all smokin' crack in Cupertino, or what?
>Does he really think these are going to sell? IMHO, it is the biggest
>waste of Apple R&D since NuBus!
>
>My $0.02

I would beg to differ. Granted it was not the same as those in the past,
still enjoyable.

Also remember that Apple introduces products all year long now and not
just during the Macworlds. So we have all year to look forward to.

As for the iPod mini, I bet they will sell like hotcakes with the younger
crowd, those of us who think that the regular iPod is too large (ever try
to carry one in a shirt pocket?), those who don't need to take their
whole collection with them (I encode my MP3s in high quality and can
still carry over 34 hours of music!), those who like color other than
white, and...

I think you get the point. The new iPod mini is appealing to a lot of
folks and will sell well.

BTW, very positive feeling from my Japanese friends. Especially on the
size and colors.

And now with the HP news...

Good stuff to start off the year!

Sushi