[NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 00:12:57 EDT

   I too heard about PP freezing accounts and doing other sneaky things,
and became leary. I closed down my account, and have only recently
reopened one to buy a dongle killer.. The thing that bugs me is I seem
to remember that at the beginning you could send them a check to get
money in. Now the only way appears to either give them your bank
account routing information, or credit card number. So tomorrow I'm
going to transfer all my money from my banking account, save the 62.50
for the DK, and the 62.50 I tried to transfer in a a couple of days ago,
but hasn't been 'processed' (How the hell can it take them 3-4 days to
process a credit card transfer? I do it all the time at the
supermarket, and it takes at most 20 seconds!), and I can't seem to
cancel it.. I'll put it in my savings account, and probably open
another checking account with a new debit card so I have a new account
number and CC number (it's floating on too many [presumably secure]
servers for comfort for the slightly paranoid..)

Jim